Before the release of ‘The Dark Knight’, the internet went wild for the Warner Bros’s Decision of casting Heath Ledger as the Joker. No one actually believed that Ledger would be able to go as crazy as required by the character. But all the critics went dumb as the movie hit the theaters and it turned out to be the best ever performance by an actor in a negative role. He is ever since known as the villain who was more appreciated than the main lead. Here are 11 epic lines by Joker from the movie THE DARK KNIGHT.
- Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren’t you? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
- You see, madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push!
- Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… You see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?
- Wanna know how I got these scars?
- Can’t rely on anyone these days, you have to do everything yourself, don’t we!
- You see, I’m a guy of simple taste. I enjoy dynamite, and gunpowder, and gasoline!
Ah-ta-ta-ta-ta. And you know the thing they have in common? They’re cheap.
- You have nothing, nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength.
- I don’t, I don’t want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You… you… complete me.
Don’t talk like you’re one of them. You’re not! Even if you’d like to be. To them, you’re just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don’t, they’ll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. I’ll show you. When the chips are down, these… these civilized people, they’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the curve.
- All you care about is money. This city deserves a better class of criminal. And I’m gonna give it to them!
- Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment! I only have one question. Where is Harvey Dent?
- I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know… You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang-banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan”. But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!
[Joker hands Harvey a gun and points it at himself]
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!