When the famous and beloved Alan Rickman died earlier last month because of pancreatic cancer(why, why, why?), it was nothing more than a doomsday for all of his fans. And today on Feb 21, 2016, is his birthday.Let’s take a moment to remember and appreciate Severus Snape and his wizardry in real and reel world. LIFE OF ALAN RICKMAN
LIFE OF ALAN RICKMAN REVEALED IN JUST 15 FACTS
- He was born in 1946, London (England), and died on January 14, 2016, at the age 69.
- His full name was Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman.
- 1954: He was 8 years old when his father Bernard Rickman, a factory worker had died leaving his mother to raise him with his three siblings.
- 1968: After graduating from Royal College of Art, he and his friends had opened a graphic design studio named Graphite where he helped design book jackets, album sleeves, ads, in addition to layouts and illustrations for
- 1972: When he had finally decided to pursue acting professionally, he joined Royal Academy of Dramatic Art from 1972 to 1974 where he studied Shakespeare.
- 1987: He made his film debut as Tybalt in the 1987 BBC film adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.And in the same year, he was nominated for Tony Award For Best Actor In A Play for his work as Les Liaisons Dangereuses.
- 1991: Award Time!! Won his first award as an actor, BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
- 1995: Won a spot no. 34 under100 Sexiest Stars in film history by the British film magazine, Empire. And in 1997, he was ranked No. 59 in Empire’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time”
- 2001: He wanted to shed his image as a “villain”. When he was offered the role of Severus Snape in Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone in 2001, it turned out to be the turning point of his life.
- 2003: He earned himself a spot on the AFI’s 100 Years…100 Heroes & Villains list as the 46th best villain in 2003 in film history for his role as German terrorist, Hans Gruber in Die Hard (1988).
- 2009 and 2010: He again was chosen as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars by Empire. He was definitely something!
- 2015: He confirmed that he had married his longtime girlfriend Rima Horton, who he met in 1965 at the age of 19, in a private ceremony in New York City in 2012.
- This is something you don’t expect from an actor but Alan Rickman “never” watched himself on screen. “I think you start to edit yourself,” he had told Empire in an interview conducted in 2015.
- Not many of us know but he had been featured in many musical works too, including a song composed by Adam Leonard entitled “Not Alan Rickman”.
- 2016: Not to mention that we lost him at the beginning of this year, later in May, we will be hearing him again as the voice of Absolem in Alice Through the Looking Glass.
He was a great person and really great actor. We miss you Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman.
You’ll always be in our hearts. ALWAYS!
Happy Birthday. Rest In Peace.
LIFE OF ALAN RICKMAN
IF YOU LIKE IT THEN RATE IT AND SHARE IT.